Gsquad is committed to provide teams composed of experienced software problem solvers and product builders, on an “as-a-service basis”. We work with Tech Start-ups and SMEs to deliver them the most complete and successful software engineering team they need immediately, managed by an experienced leadership 100% Agile to move their idea through to production, fast!
Being part of Gsquad is changing the way start-ups and SMEs recruit their technical resources offering them the best high-skilled professionals at a better price. Way more than just teams, we build a community of handpicked and passionate development professionals that have already worked together, and grow together, ensuring team chemistry and exchange of best practices out there.
Description de l'emploi
The Squad Lead is one of the key leadership roles in a team at Gsquad alongside the Tech Lead. The goal is to go to the finish line in a team effort. On a day-to-day basis, the Squad Lead communicates 80% with the customer and 20% with the contributors.
The Squad Lead acts as a Product Manager, a Scrum Master and Team Builder.
The Squad Lead is directly responsible for :
- Understanding the customer’s environment,
- Onboarding the development team (Squad),
- Building and planning the roadmap of the product,
- Leading the project’s methodology,
- Orchestrating, evaluating and coaching the Squad,
- Communicating daily with the customer and ensuring the customer’s satisfaction.
The Squad Lead always collaborates regularly with the Tech Lead in order to raise concerns and remove impediments to ensure the team can meet its commitments and customer expectations.
We are big advocates of the Agile Manifesto and the methodologies — after all, this is what we sell: feature teams, in the true Agile fashion. So it is absolutely required for a Squad Lead to lead and coach the team about the essence of Agile — use a methodology like Scrum, or Kanban — and lead actively the ceremonies along with the Tech Lead in order to define the roadmap, the backlog, work estimates, and the assignments for each member of his team.
Don’t worry, when you join Gsquad, we will assign you a mentor who will guide you through the journey with us. Occasional in-person meetings with client are expected.
Your profile :
- Technical background mandatory: min. Bachelor’s in Computer Science + a few years in software development.
- 8+ years of experience as a Product Manager / Scrum Master.
- Experience in Agile (both Scrum and Kanban) environments mandatory.
- A considerable asset: proven experience to lead a Product development to success.
- Experience leading a development team remote.
- Experience as a freelancer (self-employed), comfortable with time management.
Your qualities :
- Consultant spirit, sense of product ownership,
- Friendly, people-oriented, and patient,
- Welcoming and open, especially open to diversity ,
- Organized and results-oriented,
- Considerate and empathic,
- Challenging the client but respectfully,
- Careful of the words that you chose,
- If you disagree, you stay open and understand why.
Our value proposition :
- 100% Remote team work : you will collaborate with team members working from all around the globe,
- You work as a freelancer, and become your own boss.
- Internal support from Technical management team,
- Not a classic 9 to 5, working hours flexibility. Possibility to be working part-time (average 20 hrs per week) or full-time (up to 40 hrs per week).
- You will be part of a community constituted of the most high-skilled software engineers,
- You will be working on some challenging tech products,
- True software engineering and Agile culture, all across the company,
- Rates aligned to market standards.
Hiring Process :
- Tech Recruiter – Video screen interview,
- Squad Lead – Technical interview,
- Head of Practice / Head of Product – Leadership interview,
- Onboarding to Pooling stage, until team assignment.